Bir Billing is a small village established the west of Joginder Nagar Valley in the state of Himachal Pradesh of the north part of India. Bir Billing , surrounded by tea gardens and an area of small mountains, is a perfect landing ground for Paragliders. This site is amongst the best place in the whole world for Paragliding activities. Bir has Buddhist monasteries that must deserve a visit.Bir is also noted center for spiritual studies, meditation and a popular destination for adventure sports like paragliding, trekking and much more to explore.
Bir is also home to a Tibetan refugee settlement with several Buddhist monasteries and a large stupa.This small hamlet is among the best in the world for Paragliding. Billing (2290 m) is the take-off site, and Bir (1400 m) is the village at the landing site.Bir is a small village is surrounded by the Dhauladhar mountains and the ridges behind keep rising to 3000 meters, 4000 meters, 5000 meters and one after the other so as a pilot can fly at 4000 meters and still watch the mountains tower above.Furthermore, Bir Billing range has records of 180 km flights completed here in the region.
Adventure Activites in Bir Billing
Paragliding in Bir Billing
Do you want to know what makes paragliding at Bir-Billing Valley so extraordinary?Bir-Billing is established in Joginder Nagar Valley in the state of Himachal Pradesh and offers an outstanding adventurous activity of paragliding. Then the fact that this area has hosted the first ever World Cup of paragliding in the world gives you all the answers. The incredible altitude and climate of this region make it perfect fit for any airborne gliding sports. Furthermore, the region also has best takeoff and landing sites, according to the air current and perfect cloud base.
Mountain Biking in Bir Billing
Mountain biking is one of the best adventure activity to do in Bir Billing with easy and moderate tracks in Bir Billing valley.
- Explore Mountain biking from paragliding landing zone to Palpung Sherabling monastery – 12 km and 4 hrs session – Goes Easy to moderate.
- Also Mountain Biking from Paragliding landing area from Bhattu road – Bir – Mahatama kuttita – Chougan Chowk towards Lading space: 8 km full trip and 2-3 hrs –Goes Easy to moderate.
Nearest Excursion from Bir Billing
1) 9th-century established Temple:– Baijnath Shiva temple which is built as long back ago as 9th century is just 12 km away from Bir village.
2)Monastery of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche Institute at Chauntra Town;– Just 4 km away from Bir and one of the largest monastery in Bir region.
3)Palpung Sherabling Monastery, Bhattu:– Just 6 Km away from Bir and taxi charges for INR 500/- for trip
4) Tea capital of northwest Palampur:– Famous Palampur which is just 30 km from Bir village and takes 1-hour drive to reach. Taxi charges INR 1200/- for the full-day visit.
5) Mesmerizing Barot Valley:– Beautifull Barot valley is just 50 km from away from Bir.Favorite for scenic excellence and natural panorama. Moreover, Barot is also well known for its Trout fish farming, and facility to hire angling road for fishing is also included. The area has limited stay options, have only few guest houses and Taxi charges INR 1800/- for a full-day trip.
6)Tranquility Of Himalayas Prashar Lake:– Which is just 105 km away from Bir.It is a perfect weekend getaway with an excellent sense of the Himalayas. Moreover, one can see the Pir Panjal range towards the North, the distant, still huge, Dhauladhar chain in the West and the beautiful Kinnaur mountains in the East.
7)140-year-old Mahatama at Bir: – Also my Guru Ji Mahatama meets people at a fixed time during the day at his Kuttiya near the starting point of Bir Billing trek at upper Bir region – Road ends ahead.
Taxi charges INR 300/- for a visit.
8) Andretta Artists’ Village: – Which is just 22 km from Bir and famous for its Pottery and Craft Society.Moreover, the village also has some of the fabulous places like Norah Richard’s Centre for the Arts, Sir Sobha Singh Art Gallery. Taxi charges INR 1200/- for a visit.
Day treks nearby Bir Billing
Trekking is another excellent adventure activity to do nearby Bir Billing. Further, there are Several choices at Bir Billing, and here we are with the short and best Treks of the valley:-
Tatwani Hot water spring:- Tatwani is dedicated to Lord Shiva and known for its hot water spring. There is built some small pool for a bath but not much maintained, and the place is away from villages in the mountain. But people can take a bath there. It is a 1-hour drive, and 2 hrs trek away from Bir. Need to hire a taxi for the full day and need to pay INR 1800/-
Taxi and guide @ INR 1000/-.
Trek to the small waterfall:- Tour starts from Mahatma Kuttiya, and one can reach the destination after trekking 1 hour.The Trek is easy to go and further reach waterfall by just following the stream.
So finally our article on Bir Billing Valley : Adventure Nirvana of India ends here. Hope it will help you to explore far enough and in the planning of next vacations to the Bir Billing valley in Himalayas.
Note – If you are planning your trip to India then you can book best of our India Holiday, Vacations, and Tour Packages here 👉 Acchajee Travels . Along with this, you can also book cheap flight tickets and Best hotels regardless of the fact that you are at any location of the world as we at “Acchajee travels” gives you the facility to book cheap flight tickets and hotel anywhere in the world.
— Acchajee Official (@acchajee) September 11, 2017