1. The first thing that you need to remember is that when you do find out your body type, know that it is not your body shape. Every shape can be broadly categorised into body types but these categories are not air tight. Even if your body type tells you that you won’t look good in a mini, it might be that your body shape will perfectly complement one. So, if you really like a dress, go for it. Do not back out just because assumptions about your body type suggest so.
2. You will also have to keep the length of the dress when you buy one. You can go for mini dresses for girls & women but what will be the length of your dress? Will it be just scrapping your knee or should it expose a little bit of your thigh too? Which one will help you to create just the balance that you are looking for without making you look distasteful and vulgar? So know the length that you want first and then select a dress for you. It is not always true that the ones with long legs look good in short dresses. A lot depends on the shape of your leg too and hence go for the length of your choice.
3. When you buy a dress, you have to make sure that you have the right accessories to go along with it. When it comes to floral dresses for the summer, it is best to keep it as casual as possible. Stick to trinkets like pendants and earrings and when it comes to solid colour dresses you can try out heavy accessories. But in general, barring a maxi dress, it is ideal to keep your accessories to the minimum.
4. No dress can ever work out properly without the right shoe, especially if it is a mini dress. Stilettos look really nice with minis but go for the dainty ones and not the gaudy on the face ones. You can go for wedges or boots when it comes to midis and floral dresses.
5. And last but not the least when you buy the dress make sure that you pick a colour that complements you. Just because everyone suggests that you will look good in black, do not forget to try out a few reds. Choose the colour based on the one that suits your skin tone.
Keep these short but very helpful pointers in mind if you are looking for the right dress for yourself.Happy shopping!