Trekking from McLeod Ganj to Triund :
Triund Trek in Dharamsala is the most favored activity among tourists and visitors in McLeod Ganj. Triund Hill is also known as the jewel of Dharamsala. This heavenly escape far from the madding crowd of regular cities lies high in the Himalayas is a small trek of 9 kilometers.
Triund Trek, Himachal Pradesh
Triund Hill is in the Dauladhar Range of the Himalayas in Kangra District of Himachal Pradesh at the height of 9,800 feet (2975 meters).
One of the reasons for the fame of Triund Trek is its moderate nature which means tourists and travelers. Moreover, one can complete it in a single day and can return after reaching the top of Triund hills in McLeod Ganj or Dharamsala.
One can find various routes from where you can begin your trek to trek for Triund hills. All The road from Dharamkot, Naddi, and Bhagsunag meet at Galu Temple and from here single goat tracks lead you up towards Triund Hill.
5 Reasons Why Trek to Triund is endless tails of fun
- Once you arrive at the flat plain on top of the hill, the 360 panoramic scene will leave you mesmerized with colors across the valley.
- The trail itself isn’t too exhausting, even for the first-time trekker. It is a trek that will begin your adventure endeavors and open the way for more treks in future. Even a few seasoned hikers/guides manage to do it within 2 hours.
- You get to experience the awesome sunrise and sunset along with the show of the evening sky from the top of Triund hill.
- Imagine you stay up awake at night on Triund hills, not to the star-studded night sky surely going to let you feel the best feeling of your life
- There are no wild animals in the area, so you can easily check-out the places and explore different parts of the way.
How can you reach Mcleod Ganj -Triund from Delhi?
Through Bus: Nearest ISBT (Bus Stand ) to Dharamsala ISBT
Through Train: Jassur at Simla-Kangra narrow gauge line. Nearest broad gauge railhead is Pathankot (about 85 km away).
Through Air: Gaggal Airport ( Kangra Airport) to Gaggal market and turn left for Dharamsala.
Best Time for Triund Trek Camping
Triund Trek is open for the most time of the year except times when the way to triund is cut-off due to heavy snowfall in January.
So finally, our article on “Triund Trek from McLeodganj: Camping in heaven” ends here. Hope it will help you to explore further far enough and in the planning of your next adventure camping trek to Triund.
Note – If you are planning your trip to India then you can book best of our India Holiday, Vacations, and Tour Packages here 👉 Acchajee Travels. Along with this, you can also book cheap flight tickets and Best hotels regardless of the fact that you are at any location of the world as we at “Acchajee travels” gives you the facility to book cheap flight tickets and hotel anywhere in the world.
Further Also Read :